Re: Ergonomic Barriers

Subject: Re: Ergonomic Barriers
From: "Curt Olson" flipov411
Date: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:56 am ((PST))
If I understand right, the idea of the triplet is to get better s/n.
Someone please correct me if that's wrong.

Somewhat related to your "ear" thought, I've done some tinkering with
small ear-like structures placed immediately behind various mic
capsules. In most cases I've noticed some slight attenuation of sounds
coming from behind the array, which what what I was after. The
trade-off seemed to be exaggerated upper-mid frequencies, which I do
not want. My feeling right now is that it's not worth pursuing further.

Curt Olson