Re: Sennheiser MKH MS setup

Subject: Re: Sennheiser MKH MS setup
From: "Wild Sanctuary" bigchirp1
Date: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:38 am (PDT)
The Rycote system is "top-o'-the-line," Tim.

If you're concerned about traveling issues, I break my system down
(MHK30/40 combo), taking the mics off the mounts, wrapping them in my
clothes and often stuffing the whole thing back in the zeppelin and
throwing it in the bag with the mounts and other gear. It's light,
takes up virtually no space and you'll zip right thru security at
airports w/o much problem...at least until current events unfolded.
If you're backpacking, again, it's a system that takes up very little
space, overall. No matter which model you choose, make sure that the
capsules aren't in contact with the windscreen so that they're
crushed at the end compressing the foam screens that come with the
mics and should also be used.

The Sennheisers are tough mics, well calibrated, and extremely
durable such that they can take a beating you wouldn't even want to
think about with other systems.

Bernie Krause

--
Wild Sanctuary