Re: Sennheiser MKH MS setup

Subject: Re: Sennheiser MKH MS setup
From: "david briggs" daavebriggs
Date: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:35 am (PDT)
Tim

~I have exactly that combo. I have the m/s rycote and yes it is big , but I=
 am getting used to it. The main problem I find is taking it long distances=
 in the field.  I have tried mounting the setup in a mono rig. I found that=
 the tension required to hold the mics securly compromised the working of t=
he suspension. I think with some fiddling it could be improved . I found th=
at handling noise was an issue but stand mounted ok. I could imagine that e=
ven stand mounted vibrations would be a problem.
As I say with some fiddling it could be perfected, but I wouldnt splash the=
 cash before trying. borrow a rycote and buy the rings , give it a try. And=
 also if you havent physicaly held the ms rycote have a look at it.

dave