Re: tascam da-p1 vs. pre-amp

Subject: Re: tascam da-p1 vs. pre-amp
From: Klas Strandberg <>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 22:54:39 +0200
I just wonder if there are different series of DAP1's??? Wouldn't surprise=

me. I remember that some of the old Sony D3 had terrible mic input's, while=

others were very good.

Here, with my old Tascam (one of the first) we could clearly hear the noise=

difference between two mic's - one making 10 dbA noise and the other 6 dbA.=

That wouldn't have been possible with a noisy Tascam!?

Another problem is that some Tascam's have poor phantom power filtering.
This may add strange noise.

Klas.