Re: Re: Sharp Hi-MD

Subject: Re: Re: Sharp Hi-MD
From: Henry Howard <>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:42:11 -0500
At 06:51 PM 2/14/05 +0000, you wrote:
> > 2) Any unique problems transferring to a Mac (OSX 10.3.x) via USB?
>
>That's just the problem: It isn't possible. At all.

I had suggest to Curt off list, why not look at the Marantz 660
cf recorder.  Yes it cost more but...
         It has real xlr connectors
         usb transfer or use a card reader
         no moving parts
         a compromise in size, bigger than an md, but smaller than the
                 other professional recorders.

Will street at $500 initially, due out by the end of the month.

  The PMD660 will record either uncompressed linear PCM audio at 16-bit,
CD-quality, in WAV file format, or MP3 files using MPEG1 Layer3 compression.

The PMD660 is a professional unit that happens to fit nicely in the hand, yet
offers features like dual XLR microphone inputs, with 48V phantom power, a
security door for the switch settings and media, USB connectivity, and
cut-and-paste editing with virtual track, EDL-style playlisting. The backlit
screen and bright LED metering are additional enhancements, as are the built-in
speaker and stereo microphone.

from:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&Q=&is=REG&O=productlist&sku=362023

or see: