RE: Scripting with Adobe Audition

Subject: RE: Scripting with Adobe Audition
From: "Dominique Laloux" <>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:17:15 +0100
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply.
My question was really more about how to quickly cut a long wav file
into a number of tracks. I have since found a piece of software that
does it : PolderbitS Sound Editor. You can open a wav file that has a
long enough silence between tracks (it works well with 5 sec), and tell
it to save each track into a separate wav file, numbered sequentially
from 1.

That's exactly what I wanted. Once the tracks are saved, I can still
decide whether I want to do something with each of them or not. I have
looked into Adobe Audition to find such a feature, but I have not been
able to find it, if it exists.

I don't mind recording the original large wav file with Audition, then
use PolderbitS to split it, then go back to Audition for editing each
track. The only question I have is : How can I be sure that PolderbitS
does a proper job in saving the small wavs and does not damage them in
any way ?

DL