Re: aircraft over national parks

Subject: Re: aircraft over national parks
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:47:49 -0500
From: "John Hartog" <>

> I might as well throw this in.
> I was looking around for information on flight tracks, and found
> this.
> http://angler.larc.nasa.gov/flighttracks/graphics.html
> The bottom set of Cumulative Flight Statistics shows a days worth of
> flight activity across the united states.
> Noise tidal waves?

Now you know why I get some of my best recordings after midnight. The
redeye express flights are north of Georgia. Very interesting graphics.

Also note the date of the graphics. I bet two days later looked a whole
lot different.

Note that Canada and the northern edge of the US are lighter traffic. It
could be worse, Barb!

These graphics show activity at cruising altitude, it would be nice to
find some that showed all air activity. If you look carefully at Georgia
you will find a activity "hole" on them around Atlanta. It's not quieter
there, but the planes are not yet at cruising altitude.

Note the flight activity over Grand Canyon, and that's not the
sightseeing flights.