Re: editing & CD burning

Subject: Re: editing & CD burning
From: Jeff Klatt <>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 17:11:31 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Mark,

Be sure that you have "auto-snap to zero" checked in
the preferences.  Go to the point you want track 2 to
be and make that point a marker.  Do this for all
track points.=20

I think Peak LE won't allow you to use the "markers to
regions" function, but you can do this manually.  I
think it's option-click that will select the area
between two markers (or the start of the file and the
first marker/end of the file and the last marker).
Turn each selection into a region.=20

I have heard that Toast or Jam can read Peak's
regions, but I have never had luck with that in either
program.  So, if that isn't working (reading regions
as track points), here's what I do: select the first
region, copy it, then paste it into a new document.
Now save it as a new file.  Just do that for each
region.=20

If you burn the CD this way with zero pause (like you
did) it shouldn't have any gaps.  Forgive me, I think
you probably already did most of this on your first
attempt - it may be as simple as selecting the
"auto-snap to zero" preference, but wanted to put the
whole procedure here in case.

Hope that helps.

Jeff

--- Mark Griswold <> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a long recording that I would like to burn to
> CD, with new track
> numbers at significant points.
>
> I have cut the piece into chunks using Peak LE on an
> OS 9 Mac and then
> used Toast to burn the CD.
>
> I set the inter-track pause to 0, but there are
> still "hickups" between
> tracks when I try to play the whole thing through. I
> was hoping that it
> would play through as one long piece.
>
> Is there a trick to doing this using my setup? Is
> there another method
> or software package that would be more appropriate?
>
> TIA,
>
> Mark

=09=09