Re: Re: Sample Rate Conversion

Subject: Re: Re: Sample Rate Conversion
From: Vicki Powys <>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 13:22:09 +1000
Lang,

Yes I'd be interested to hear your wave file of insects.

I record insect sounds at 48kHz on DAT, then I input these (in real time)
via analogue connection to my iMac at 44.1, and then process that file in
Peak.  Some of my insect sounds are 12-13 kHz.  These sound as good as the
original, I think.

I presume you are transferring your sounds digitally to your computer?  The=
changing the sample rate in Peak?

This may not be at all relevant to your situation Lang, but some time back =
had difficulties in properly converting some sound files to half speed, in
Peak LE VST.  The converted sound was very strange, tinny and echoey.  Then
I found a solution.  To make a half-speed file I selected keys "Command I"
then halved the sample rate from 44.1 to 22.05 (and doubled the length of
the file), to give me the half-speed file.  But the sound was tinny.  So I
then went to DSP/"Convert Sample Rate" and converted the file back to 44.1.
The file still played at half-speed but the sound quality was restored!
Maybe this is just an iMac thing, but thought it might be of interest.

Vicki Powys
Australia

on 8/5/04 12:33 AM, Lang Elliott at  wrote:

> Going the analog route, unfortunately, means playing each file in real ti=
me.
> I really can't afford to do that.  ProTools will just have to do for now.
>
> I wonder if enough folks in this group would like to have a copy of my 48=
Khz

     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:27:16 2005
Message: 6