Re: Re: Sample Rate Conversion

Subject: Re: Re: Sample Rate Conversion
From: Lang Elliott <>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 11:08:30 -0400
Wil:

Yes, I was quite disturbed by how lousy Peak did when I tried to convert a
Neoconocepha ensiger recording from 48 to 44.1. That resulted in my trying
out all my options, and only ProTools did it transparently.

When we do our insect book, we need to be careful in this respect. I think
we should probably rely on ProTools because it is certainly an industry
standard, and I can use the "tweakhead" setting for the very best
conversion.

How are you doing?

Lang

Adobe audition does a great job and can be set to do batch processing.
I will have to play with a file to see how well it does.  I will try to
post some results to the group folder later today or tomorrow.
Do you have an example that you could post there?
Wil

"Microphones are not ears,
Loudspeakers are not birds,
A listening room is not nature."