Re: Files posted to group web site

Subject: Re: Files posted to group web site
From: Lang Elliott <>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 22:33:55 -0500
Yes, but . . . when is this going to be possible? The only thing solid on
the horizon seems to be BWAV (BWF), which I presume at least allows for a
reasonable amount of metadata.

Yes Audition has a few nice things on how metadata is setup.
But, it still does not support BWF Boadcast Wave.

What I want is to not only be able to complete the limited fields of
RIFF but I want to be able to type paragraphs, custom design fields,
and attach a photograph of the site within. Now that would give me a
good historical record.

Rich

--- In  Lang Elliott <>
wrote:
> OK, yes, let's discuss this on the e-mail group.
>
> I will be heading out shortly, but I'll have more to say about
mTools as a
> database management system for Mac. And soon I'll receive a trial
copy of
> Soundminer and let everyone know what I think.
>
> I visited Doug a few weeks ago and was quite impressed with what he
could do
> from entirely within CoolEdit Pro (now owned by Adobe and called
Audition).

http://www.fwb.com,
> and it's no longer listed as a product, so my misgivings are
> validated. I would much prefer a standardized metadata system that
> could be accessed by different software.
>
> -Dan Dugan
>

> "Microphones are not ears,
> Loudspeakers are not birds,
> A listening room is not nature."