Re: Files posted to group web site

Subject: Re: Files posted to group web site
From: "M, J, & V Phinney" <>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 19:41:47 -0700
I've never heard our western toads make a call other than the 'release'
chirp, nor have other local herp technicians I spoke to. A quick reference
check revealed the following quote:

"Male toads in British Columbia have no mating call, although a mating call
has been reported from breeding Western Toads in Alberta"

Green, D.M. and R.W. Campbell. 1984. The Amphibians of British Columbia.
Royal BC Museum, Victoria.

I'd be interested in hearing a clip of the singing toads of Alberta!

Mark Phinney