Re: Files posted to group web site

Subject: Re: Files posted to group web site
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:09:54 -0500
From: Lang Elliott <>

> p.s. Walt or others with Macs: have you tried using Virtual PC (or other =
PC
> emulating software) to run CoolEdit Pro?

I use Virtual PC with several other pieces of software, some fairly
heavy duty. But, I've not tried CoolEDit Pro simply because it's a extra
cost and would not really improve my sound editing ability. I'd expect
it would run fine in Virtual PC, which is very robust. I do know that
Virtual PC works fine with my Roland UA-30 USB audio interface.

The only problem you might have with sound work and Virtual PC is that
it's emulating the hardware of a PC. And like all emulators that extra
step slows things down. Not going to be a problem with a rip snorting
G5, but on a mac that's got less horsepower it could be.

The only other problem is that microsoft bought out Virtual PC. They are
still selling it, but I consider it's future at risk. They have brought
out a new version, but that was just to change the labels in it to
microsoft ones.