Re: Files posted to group web site

Subject: Re: Files posted to group web site
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 21:56:25 -0000
Sorry, I will not go there again, it is ugly.
What I did was use a ASCII editor (something a little better then the
old debug) to check and restore field lengths back to what is needed.
I don't even know if a PC can still be put into the dos mode
of "verify on"?  That made every hard disk write, checked after being
written.

To answer a prior post of yours on how loud domestic budgies are.=20
And to state how much I like 24 bit.  I recorded two budgies in my
kitchen on Sat AM and then played them back to 4 people over the
weekend wearing headphones.  I set the volume and had the recorder
where they had to stand where the mics were.  All four did not detect
when the recording was going.  Two stated to me that they were still
on pause and two asked what they were listening to.  All I had to say
was take the headphones off.  Then they knew that the birds were
actually not singing while they were listening.  You only get part of
a 16 bit mp3 version, but you will get the idea.

2 Budgie dawn chorus in a small kitchen
~650kb download
http://home.comcast.net/~richpeet/budgies.mp3

Rich Peet