Re: Metadata - was "Files posted to group web site/"

Subject: Re: Metadata - was "Files posted to group web site/"
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 01:53:26 -0000
Than your version of Audition works better than mine.
I will review with the customer support group.

I loaded your first message into the riff saved the file. Reopened it
and here is the amount of info I was able to pull back out.  Am I
doing something wrong? I can not get a bit map in and back out either?

What was saved:
At 03:55 PM 3/27/2004, Rich wrote:
>Yes Audition has a few nice things on how metadata is setup.
>But, it still does not support BWF Boadcast Wave.
>
>What I want is to not only be able to complete the limited fields of
>RIFF but I want to be able to type paragraphs, custom design fields,
>and attach a photograph of the site within. Now that would give me a
>good historical record.

In CoolEdit's metadata section (which can be set to "Standard
RIFF", "Radio
Industry", "MP3" or "Windows Media", with different fields available
for
each) you can add a whole book if you want under "Comments" and
another
under "Subject". The data that can accompany your sound file can even
include a bitmap, links, etc. Seems pretty comprehensive to me.

I keep "boilerplate" WAV files that have most of the usual data
already
filled in. I make a new template for each new trip or situation, so
the
location, date, mic and recorder used, copyright, and recordist, etc.
are
part of every file from that trip - a huge t

Rich Peet