RE: Re: Alternatives to Minidiscs - or bats again

Subject: RE: Re: Alternatives to Minidiscs - or bats again
From: "Graham M Smith" <>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 19:00:41 +0100
Mymika,

> I would still recommend old 200 MHz said laptops upgraded with giant hard
> drives, you could record double the time because of mono although
> you may be in
> stereo.  If you get one that runs on the 12 volt battery they
> would run a long
> time.  Have you considered using solar powered recharges, I think
> most sunny
> days with recharges the nomad battery quite well with a modest panel.

I can certainly see where this might be an option, but there are practical
reason such as physically carrying the PCs and external batteries into
place, which generally  involves considerable walking, the costs of
installing large Hard drives, possible issues with the Bios of old PCs not
supporting large Hard drives.

I hadn't thought of a solar panel to recharge the JB3 batteries - certainly
worth considering, thanks.

Graham