Re: Re: Digital Distortion

Subject: Re: Re: Digital Distortion
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 21:20:41 EDT
In a message dated 6/23/2003 10:54:59 AM Pacific Standard Time,
 writes:

> I'm sorry I've not had the time on this
>
> To all Experts,

Well, Walt, beggars can't be Choosers! So we are happy to wait. I use the
Portadisc and record on mono but use stereo input with 2 different volumes.
This
is a throwback to my days with the Sony cassette Pro 2. I have noticed that on
the (rare..haha) occasion when I overrecord on one channel, the second
channel which is set at several dB lower does a good job, but does not sound as
good
as if it were recorded at close to 0 dB. Is there some rule of thumb about
how low your signal can go into the Portadisc before it does not have enough
data to capture the sound?

Thanks as always,

John
John V. Moore Nature Recordings