Re: Telinga microphone

Subject: Re: Telinga microphone
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 23:31:25 -0500
Vicki Powys wrote:

> I use a Sennheiser ME67 gun mic, and the specification leaflet that came
> with the mic says the rating is 35 mV/Pa, which is contrary to the pdf info
> from Sennheiser, which states a more sensitive rating of 50 mV/Pa.  Do you
> think they've actually improved this mic, or that the info in the pdf is
> wrong?  I bought my mic maybe 6-7 years ago.

Not only the pdf, but Sennheiser's main european website has 50 mV/Pa.
Note this is at 1 khz, free field, no load. If that last bit is
different on your leaflet, or it's a spec for other than the K6 powering
module, that would explain it.

Otherwise it's possible they have upped the specs in the last several
years by changing the design.

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:23:13 2005
Message: 4