Telinga microphone

Subject: Telinga microphone
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 17:00:48 EST
Dear Experts;

Klas recently fixed my several year old Telinga Pro 2 microphone which
stopped working. He replaced it with an EM 23. I tested it yesterday using =
my
Portadisc and was very disappointed at the lack of gain achieved using the=

microphone with the Telinga dish. I even tried it with a direct battery
connection. I was getting much less gain than I achieved using my Sennheise=
r,
ME 67. Any ideas?

Would I receive more gain using a Sennheiser ME62 with the Telinga? I am
going to Ecuador to do some non-jungle recording, so I want to use the
Telinga. I am not interested in stereo recordings. I just want to get a goo=
strong signal while trying to eliminate much of the competing noises and ha=
ve
a connection that connects directly to the Portadisc without intermediaries=
.
The more connections, the more trouble I have in the field.

Walt et al. been very generous with ideas and I hope the above question doe=
not seem repetitious. Does the below setup mentioned by Kathie at Marice
Stith Recording Services seem like a viable alternative? I know, I have ask=
ed
3 questions!

John V. Moore Nature Recordings