Re: Telinga microphone

Subject: Re: Telinga microphone
From: Vicki Powys <>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 08:51:31 +1100
on 17/1/03 1:56 PM, Walter Knapp at  wrote:

>>> I just went and checked all the sensitivity ratings:
>>> ME-67 is rated 50mV/Pa
>>> ME-62 is rated 31mV/Pa

>> Dear Walt,
>>
>> I am such a dumb that I am not sure what the above means. Does this mean that
>> the ME-67 has less gain than the ME62?
>
> The ratings was easy, I keep all the specs I've looked up on my HD for
> reference. Sennheiser provides a pdf for each mic.
>
> Walt

All,

I use a Sennheiser ME67 gun mic, and the specification leaflet that came
with the mic says the rating is 35 mV/Pa, which is contrary to the pdf info
from Sennheiser, which states a more sensitive rating of 50 mV/Pa.  Do you
think they've actually improved this mic, or that the info in the pdf is
wrong?  I bought my mic maybe 6-7 years ago.

Vicki Powys
Australia