birding-aus

RFI Field Guides South Africa

To: "'Phil Penlington'" <>
Subject: RFI Field Guides South Africa
From: "Lynn Jenkin" <>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 12:48:39 +1100
Hi all

Thanks to all who responded to my request, much appreciated. The
overwhelming conclusion was the "Sasol Birds of Southern Africa" by Sinclair
and Hockey.

We were planning on going on an organised birding trip but also to see the
animals and scenery etc as well. We found a company called "Lawson's Birding
and Wildlife Tours" on the net  which seemed to suit a more relaxed pace as
we are not  twitching, just wish to see a variety of birds , wildlife etc
with some good accommodation and food to boot.

Has anyone had any experiences with this company ?

Rockhopper has also been recommended but may be more full on birding ?

Thanks once again for all the help provided by those who responded to my RFI

Regards

Dick

Lynn and Dick Jenkin

Tashkent Friesians