birding-aus

Re: Recent Ruff Sighting - An apology

To: "'Mark and Mandy Young'" <>, <>
Subject: Re: Recent Ruff Sighting - An apology
From: "Jeff Davies" <>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 12:33:47 +1100
G'day Mark,

I disagree, all shorebirds should be reported for others to view, study and
discuss within the fraternity, but importantly all bad behavior of birders
should also be brought to notice and the culprits either given gentle
education on the correct protocol or something stronger depending on the
circumstances. Where is birding heading if we can't go out and look at
uncommon migratory species because some twit does the wrong thing. Exactly
what bad behavior are we talking about in this case.

Cheers Jeff.