birding-aus

RFI Field Guides South Africa

To: <>
Subject: RFI Field Guides South Africa
From: Fiona Anderson <>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 10:20:42 +1100
Hi Dick,

We have done 4 tours with Rockjumper and are about to do another in May and
again in January 2011.  We always do a charter so I cannot comment on the pace
of their scheduled tours but we have always found them to be absolutely
professional and will organise the tour from anything from hard core birding to
a really leisurely pace.  In fact this May of the 5 people I have going, 2 are
not birders at all and certainly I am much more of an ecologist than I am a
birder.  None of us are twitchers. In South Africa a lot of the birding is done
in a vehicle in National Parks where no tourist can get out of the vehicle so
by definition it is relaxed.  In addition on non travelling days if one doesn't
want to leave the lodge there is plenty to do in the compound.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Fiona