birding-aus

Grey/Pied Currawong - Canberra

To: "Tun Pin Ong" <>,
Subject: Grey/Pied Currawong - Canberra
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 10:21:47 +1100
Hi Tun Pin Ong

An interesting point but I don't think there is any doubt this is a Pied
Currawong - from the amount of brown feathering, I'd suggest this is a young
bird, even though it has the adult's yellow eye.

Re the influx of Superb Parrots in the northern suburbs of Canberra, this has
become a more regular thing over the last few years (since 2005 I think). They
have always reached the most north western suburbs of Hall and Fraser, but for
some reason (drought?) are now coming further into Canberra.

Regards
Frank Antram