birding-aus

Re: columnists on the Bush Fires, a caution

To: Alistair McKeough <>
Subject: Re: columnists on the Bush Fires, a caution
From: "Scott O'Keeffe" <>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 16:43:31 +1000
Alistair McKeough wrote:
Well said Greg.

Ms Divine is entitled to her opinions and they apparently sell copy, which
is all Fairfax cares about. The days of responsible media are long gone.
They are commercial organisations pursuing profits and the consequences be
damned.

All I can do personally is not read what I perceive to be utterly ill
informed copy intended to do nothing but inflame and get a reaction. The
same person who said the people of New Orleans deserved what they got for
building in a cyclone prone area now says that greenies are murderers and
should be hanged from lamp posts and that it's greenies and not arsonists
who should be blamed for the fires.

Well, she is entitled to that and we are just as entitled to take issue with
it.

By the way, the Bolt/Divine comment I made was supposed to be humorous -
sorry if it came off the wrong way.

Alistair