birding-aus

Re: columnists on the Bush Fires, a caution

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Re: columnists on the Bush Fires, a caution
From: Scot Mcphee <>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 08:01:32 +1000

On 20/02/2009, at 12:29 AM, Robert Inglis wrote:

Well, this has been some day!

As a result of my posting I have received some interesting, to say the least, responses. Unfortunately, some of those responses have made unpleasant reading. More fool me for thinking I could have a reasonable discussion about such a topic on this forum .

I'm going to provide _DATA_ here. Here are words your first post on the topic. They were used to describe people's postings to the group.

vitriol
bias
bigotry
intolerance
narrow-mindedness

When you are quick to label other people with such negative emotional labels, please don't be surprised when they attack you back.

BTW, on the content that actually matters in your first post, which is about 25% to 30% of it, I agree that Devine needs to be countered by sensible, rational debate, remembering she personally is nothing but a cheap demagogue and impervious to actual reason. However you could learn that if you don't want to receive emotional language in your correspondence, you should avoid it yourself.

Regards
Scot Mcphee