birding-aus

Re: columnists on the Bush Fires, a caution

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Re: columnists on the Bush Fires, a caution
From: L&L Knight <>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 10:33:13 +1000
"Horsewhipping" a journalist who wants to blame people like us for the bushfires, and is looking to take attention away from the need to do something about the climate change that creates extreme fire conditions and threatens the survival of the birds we watch?

The birds we watch do not exist in isolation of the environment. No habitat = no birds (other than the species that live in cities and farms). Spotted Quail thrush do not live in cities or heavily- developed farms.

Regards, Laurie.