birding-aus

RFI Barbary Dove

To: "Peter Shute" <>
Subject: RFI Barbary Dove
From: "Dave Torr" <>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 13:10:04 +1100
I guess it matters mainly to those who are trying to track the spread of
populations, which is important as Chris mentioned. However - since it is
impossible to know in general for any species which is both "wild" and also
kept in captivity (eg of course some parrots and finches could be in either
category when seen!) then the information can never be 100% accurate. For
your own list of course it is a matter of your "standards" - I always record
Feral Pigeon (whatever the origin) but have yet to record Barbary Dove even
though I have seen it in Aus!