birding-aus

Windfarm finale (?)

To: "Evan Beaver" <>
Subject: Windfarm finale (?)
From: "michael hunter" <>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 09:22:03 +1000
        Coal is subsidised in Australia?

        My position on windfarms is that global warming will be, on the
basis of present knowledge, an overwhelming environmental disaster over
coming decades.
         The difference windfarms can make is inconsequential, and that
there is no point in visually polluting the existing attractive landscapes
with turbines. If rooftop turbines are a realistic answer I'll install mine
tomorrow.
          The only real solution, heretical though it may be, is safe
nuclear power, which is inevitable. Unfortunately it will probably be too
little too late for many habitats and species.
                                           Cheers
                                              Michael