birding-aus

birding-aus Birdwatching tourism

To: <>
Subject: birding-aus Birdwatching tourism
From: "richard jordan" <>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 12:04:09 +1100
David Siem's comments reminded of some remarks by a tour
leader from Taiwan. In Taipei they offer day trips by bus out into
the countryside led by club members (Wild Bird Society of Taipei)
who have been trained as guides. These are advertised on local
radio and in the papers - and attract thousands each year.

I think we do need to move the hobby more out into the mainstream
- and this may be a good way to start.

I think the bird observatories are another great way to get people into
birdwatching. I still keep on running into people who initiated their
interest from a weekend at Barren Grounds or one of the other
observatories.

Richard

Richard Jordan
Emu Tours, PO Box 4, Jamberoo, NSW 2533, Australia

www.ozemail.com.au/~emutours/