pwc

Re: [pwc] Any update on 2.6.18?

Subject: Re: [pwc] Any update on 2.6.18?
From: Steve Jensen <>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 08:45:44 -0500
Put a call to it in rc.local or in your modules.conf

Steve

Cassius V. de Magalhaes wrote:
Luca Capello escreveu:

Hello!

On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 20:16:30 +0100, Cassius V. de Magalhaes wrote:
I did do follow your suggestions and below is the output:

[...]
pwc: Philips webcam module version 10.0.12 loaded.

The module is correctly loaded.

pwc: Logitech QuickCam 4000 Pro USB webcam detected.
pwc: Registered as /dev/video0.
usbcore: registered new driver Philips webcam
usbcore: registered new driver snd-usb-audio"

Your webcam is correctly detected and the two drivers are loaded: pwc
(obviously) and snd-usb-audio because I bet that your webcam has a
microphone on it.

You should be able to use your webcam pointing the application to
/dev/video0 (if it's not automatically recognized and displayed).

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Hello,

One more thing, how to make the modprobe pwc permanent, because when I reboot the system and the webcam is plugged, it is not recognized and the sound system doesn't works. I have to unplug it, reboot again, so the sound system is normal and I able to modprobe pwc successfully.

TIA,
Vinicius.

--
---