Re: DIY reflecor microphone using bird feeder squirrel baffle.

Subject: Re: DIY reflecor microphone using bird feeder squirrel baffle.
From: inetd_conf
Date: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:28 pm ((PDT))
Another possibility if you want to run multiple capsules into a 3.5mm input=
 is to use a 9V battery box. There are plans out there for the solderer, bu=
t I got one from Church Audio. I think they make them to order, because it =
took a couple of months for mine to arrive. It supplies the full 9V to what=
ever you plug into it, so it'll drive the EM-172 capsules right into their =
sweet spot. =0D
=0D
 https://www.church-audio.com/shop/battery-boxes/bat-2b-battery-box/ https:=
//www.church-audio.com/shop/battery-boxes/bat-2b-battery-box/=0D
 =0D
=0D
 If you don't want to form your own parabola, there's a guy on Ebay who occ=
asionally sells 22"x2mm lexan dishes for around $50USD. (Though shipping to=
 Hawaii was more than twice that.) I don't see any listed right now, but yo=
u can contact him via Ebay if you want to see if he's got any ready to go. =
His username is sdill471 http://www.ebay.com/usr/sdill471?_trksid=3Dp206035=
Message: 3.
Subject: m2749.l2754. The dishes are a nice shape with a 4" focal length.
Unless y=
ou're using a long microphone inside, this keeps everything below the rim o=
f the dish. (Good for adding wind protection to the outside of the dish.)=
=0D
 =0D
=0D
 I've also got a build in the works for a four-capsule parabolic that can e=
ither be run as a dual-capsule stereo or as a quad capsule mono. I bought t=
he dish last September, but finally got around to finalizing the design. I'=
ve been 3D printing parts all weekend. It'll probably be at least one more =
week before I finish the thing, but I'm looking forward to getting out and =
playing.=0D
=0D

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional