Recording in stereo?

Subject: Recording in stereo?
From: brianinnes81
Date: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:12 am ((PDT))
Hello all.=0D
I am a pretty much complete beginner in the field of nature recording.  At =
the moment my kit is an Olympus LS14 recorder, an MVO VXR40 Shotgun mic, an=
d a DIY pair of omni EM172 capsules.=0D
=0D
I have been browsing the internet and thoroughly confusing myself looking a=
t SASS rigs and various expensive looking setups for recording in stereo. S=
o rather than confusing myself any further, I think I'll just aim to get so=
me recording experience under my belt using the inbuilt stereo microphones =
on the LS14, and the shotgun mike.=0D
=0D
Tomorrow I'm heading to the Isle of Skye for 7 days, so hopefully the weath=
er will be conducive to some nature recording (I'll be taking bat detector =
as well, as well as midge repellent)=0D
=0D
Hopefully I'll be able to get internet access to try and share some recordi=
ngs!=0D
=0D
Regards,=0D
=0D