Re: Hello from new member in Australia

Subject: Re: Hello from new member in Australia
From: "micro Phonic" om4kbkt4b4u45thq3w3x5b=
vqs3bweu2lnw2ewjtv
Date: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:30 pm ((PDT))

Hi Chris,
I read your post with interest as I grew up around the intrigues of a Sony
reel to reel recorder. Though I don't use one for recording I enjoy reading
about those who have. In particular Eric Simms, who pioneered the art of
the sound recordist during his time with the BBC.
In his book :Wildlife Sounds and their Recording (Paul Elek, London, 1979)
he outlines the craft of wildlife sound recording. Worth a read if it is
available.
Happy reel to reeling.
Martin