Re: Variations in Neutrik 3.5mm connector prices

Subject: Re: Variations in Neutrik 3.5mm connector prices
From: "Kan Kaban"
Date: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:18 pm ((PDT))
No religions here ;)
Just plug the cable to the AD and look at the noise floor....
Do interconnect and look at the oscilloscope...
Some plugs "have" more, some less. I note audio quality also improves
side by side with noise.
This were simple measurements, not really a report, it was made in 1 minute=
.

On 8/29/14, 12:52 PM, Dan Dugan  [naturerecordists] wrote:
>> I can tell you there are some db of noise of difference. (besides the
>> crazy price thing)
>> I did some measures recently, without audio signals, the noise floor at
>> the AD inputs varied more than desired, between different plugs on the
>> same cable (Mogami Quad).
> I'm skeptical of this report; for me the difference between best and wors=
t connectors has been in reliability and service life. Exactly how were you=
r measurements made?