Re: Variations in Neutrik 3.5mm connector prices

Subject: Re: Variations in Neutrik 3.5mm connector prices
From: "Kan Kaban"
Date: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:44 am ((PDT))
I can tell you there are some db of noise of difference. (besides the
crazy price thing)
I did some measures recently, without audio signals, the noise floor at
the AD inputs varied more than desired, between different plugs on the
same cable (Mogami Quad). 20db between the worst & the best, being some
new Neutrik gold plated the best & some old wasted Rean the worst.
Mogami quad cable (two for every pin except shield) & Neutrik gold TS &
TRS are my main interconnects between pres eq & instruments. I do some
patches with them, the result is just as perfect as it gets. I mainly
fight for headroom against noise, as possible, of course.

I got them on $2 each plug, a year ago, ta Amazon. The bulk of Mogami
also at Amazon.

On 8/28/14, 3:56 AM, Peter Shute  [naturerecordists] wrote=
:

to:>> wrote:

> Do you mean "Rean"? Rean is (as far as I know) chinese division of
> Neutrik - working with similar patents, but worse quality of materials.
> I use their connectors wherever I know they won't be used much, I go
> Neutrik where it matters (XLR plugs un/plugged on daily basis).
> Also, they make connectors which official Neutrik doesn't produce, like
> TA3.
>
> 3.5mm jacks are fine, but the metal is a bit softer and 'rougher' to
> touch then original Neutrik. They fit OK to all my female jack sockets
> though.
>
> Regards,
> Jonas
>
> On 28 Aug 2014, at 7:13, Peter Shute <=