Re: Variations in Neutrik 3.5mm connector prices

Subject: Re: Variations in Neutrik 3.5mm connector prices
From: "Kan Kaban"
Date: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:10 pm ((PDT))
Lose of signal o whatever, pick up noise, it=B4s there when you plug it. Wh=
y?
I don=B4t have time to know why, just to build the cable-connector combo I
like.
See ya!

On 8/30/14, 11:22 AM, Scott Fraser
[naturerecordists] wrote:
> << Not really, different things, instruments, reverbs, etc. You=B4re maki=
ng
> me curious about this simple fact od different grades of noise between
> different connectors / cables brands / construction & materials. >>
>
> A connector can not be a source of noise. It can be a cause of degradatio=
n or poor signal transmission, but noise, as measurable steady state random=
 voltage, not the crackles & glitches of an intermittent connection, is gen=
erated by an active circuit. A connector simply conveys (or doesn't, if it'=
s bad,) noise from elsewhere in the circuit.