Re: Blimp wind cover for ME66

Subject: Re: Blimp wind cover for ME66
From: "sandy hall-behrens" lilyplants
Date: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:41 am ((PST))
robin, what sort of wind covering did you use to record the wind such littl=
e if any mic disturbance?

lily

On Jan 22, 2013, at 8:12 PM, Robin <> wrote:

> Peter Shute wrote:
>
> > My experience with the foam and fur on the ME66 hasn't been good in str=
onger winds. After hearing so many comments to the contrary, I'm wondering =
if my problems are due to an inadequate furry cover.

> The fur degrades over time, largely through clumping. One of my purchases=
 even came with a special faux fur comb (!) which, of course, I promptly lo=
st.

> I don't have enough experience to know which would be a good or bad fur c=
over. There are several factors. The inside sheath must be as transparent a=
s possible. The longer the fur the more dB attenuation, but of course this =
affects desired signal as well.

> I took a pragmatic approach and realized that there is simply some wind t=
oo strong to record in. Or, if I chose to record in a gale, capturing a cer=
tain amount of the wind was desirable.