Re: Blimp wind cover for ME66

Subject: Re: Blimp wind cover for ME66
From: "Peter Shute" pshute2
Date: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:20 pm ((PST))
Thanks for that, Vicki. I initially suspected that the wind was getting und=
er the cover, but tightened it right up with no improvement. So I assumed t=
hat either the cover wasn't blocking the wind very well or I just had to co=
ver the whole thing in strong winds, and that a blimp was probably the only=
 way to go. I didn't think of it getting in via the switch. I haven't had m=
uch time to experiment because I can only do it when the wind is strong.

Then I got a request to choose a birthday present fast, and ordered the thi=
ng. However, it hasn't arrived yet, and the last word I had was that someon=
e called Charlie had signed for it on delivery to my house last Wednesday. =
I don't know any Charlies, so an investigation is under way.

I ended up cancelling the order on the grounds that it was  going to take t=
oo long. Whether the money will be refunded or not depends on what the cour=
ier has to say, and then we'll find out if I'm the Charlie.

When I received my second hand ME66, the cover was very matted, too matted =
to comb without ripping the fibres out. I recently had a go at it with a br=
ush, the type with flexible plastic bristles with a little knob on the end.=
 That worked fairly well and I've mostly unmatted it except for the very en=
d, which is still sitting a bit flat. Perhaps a replacement is in order, bu=
t in the meantime I'll try and experiment with covering the switch.

It could also be that I'm expecting too much of it. I'll have to try and me=
asure the wind speeds where I have trouble.

Peter Shute