Re: Blimp wind cover for ME66

Subject: Re: Blimp wind cover for ME66
From: "j.moore3rd" j.moore3rd
Date: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:35 am ((PST))
Peter,

I think you'll appreciate the Rode Blimp more with the NT4 than with the ME=
66, mostly because the Blimp is heavier than most zeppelins. The NT4 fits q=
uite well inside the Blimp, and the "Dead Wombat" cover helps... They're bo=
th well made.

I also found that a slip-on windscreen, like the Rode WS7 or the Rycote Sof=
tie, worked quite well with shotgun mics like the ME66.

John

--- In  Peter Shute  wrote:

> My experience with the foam and fur on the ME66 hasn't been good in stron=
ger winds. After hearing so many comments to the contrary, I'm wondering if=
 my problems are due to an inadequate furry cover. I'm not even sure what t=
ype it is, it came with the second hand ME66 I bought. I've always thought =
the fur seemed too short, so perhaps just replacing the cover would have do=
ne the job.

> However, unfortunately the blim is now ordered, so I'll get to see what i=
t can do. I had been thinking of the possibility of an NT4 in the future, s=
o it won't go to waste.

> Or, thinking of having tolug it around, maybe I should exchange it. What'=
s the best model of furry cover that will go over the foam?