was: What is a good nature sound recording?

Subject: was: What is a good nature sound recording?
From: "Mark" seoulgypsy
Date: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:28 pm ((PST))
Hi All,

I'm reading Neil Young's autobiography 'Waging Heavy Peace'. What he is doi=
ng on a fundamental level is promoting listening, by his proposed "Pure-sou=
nd" project renamed, PONO 24bit 382kbs player and cloud delivery system. To=
 me, if the company he has encouraged succeed, this could be a very signifi=
cant and important change environmentally. By starting with your own enviro=
nment, a small incremental shift in listening awareness might have deep and=
 far reaching implications, long run. His ideas are musical and studio reco=
rding based, but my God! How I would love hearing exactly what 'you' hear i=
n your original recordings. I know people say in blind studies no one can t=
ell the difference, but I believe even so called experts are not always tra=
ined to 'feel' music or sound.

Klas is touching on something very deep that I have always disagreed with e=
nvironmental activism, and that is that individuals must have a shift befor=
e change. I love Gordon Hempton's work for precisely this reason, as he lam=
ents the quiet disappearing, he is asking us to listen deeply.

Mark