Re: Filing systems/software

Subject: Re: Filing systems/software
From: "Bernie Krause" bigchirp1
Date: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:30 pm ((PST))
Eric, Skywalker Sound and Martyn Stewart turned us onto SoundMiner, a piece=
 of software that allows all kinds of metadata and the audio clips to appea=
r together in one file. So you can search any word and all the files with t=
hat word and relevant sounds appear. It's a bit arcane but it points to a s=
olution many have been after for some time. I've transferred most of my fil=
es to that format. As a backup, I have all my metadata on FileMaker Pro poi=
nting to my archive audio files stored on a separate large disk with close =
to 6tB of material.

Bernie Krause

On Nov 17, 2012, at 3:06 PM, Eric Schmidt wrote:

> Hello all;
>
> I'm vinding this subject very interesting as far as the different
> naming conventions people use and the effects on searching.
>
> Myu question is, does anyone know of a good filing and searching
> program for Mac?
>
> I'm going to take a look at the posts again and see if I can improve
> mine any.  In the baby stage at present but want one that will hold up
> to a bigger database  as time goes on.  Will be used for audio, photos,
> video, and possibly some film.
>
> Is there any that are cross platform that people have used?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Eric
> Fremont, OH

Wild Sanctuary