Re: What is a good nature sound recording?

Subject: Re: What is a good nature sound recording?
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Sat Nov 3, 2012 3:15 pm ((PDT))
Dan, Bernie and all

For 40 years I have been promoting the use of parabols, well aware of
that parabols twist "reality" and create illusions. I have been
fighting a war against "purists", telling me what a terrible person I was.
But "we" won that war, Dan, Bernie and all. And myself. It ended 20 years a=
go.
Today I hear no voices at all, not anywhere, being "purist" about
flat frequency curves or non-editing or anything like it.
"Every recording is an illusion".
Yeah? Who claims differently nowadays? Where is this massive global
commercial sound production industry, aiming for "purity" and
forbidding us poor nature sound recordists to switch a filter "on"?
I don't see the threat.

I do see, however, a need for "quality" discussions.
I like words like "sonels" and "splashing," because such words give
us ways to describe the quality of a recording. I would like a long
list of such new words together with sound examples.

Why is that considered so wrong?

Klas.