Re: DIY suspenssion and wind protection for mkh 30/30

Subject: Re: DIY suspenssion and wind protection for mkh 30/30
From: "freitojos" freitojos
Date: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:53 pm ((PDT))
Peer,
In the album freitojos, here in naturerecordists, in Photos, two of the fot=
os are from the rig.Thank you for your tip about long arm rotating, it will=
 be very useful.
regards,
Jos=E9

--- In  Peter Shute <> wrote:

> Where can I find these images, Jos=E9?
>
> David, I tried the moving car method myself, but the road and engine nois=
e was so high that I wasn't sure how well the shield was working.

> I later read about a method of generating wind for testing mic wind shiel=
ds by mounting the mic on the end of a rotating arm. I assume they also mou=
nted the recorder on it so that there were no problems with cables twisting=
. By my calculations, a 1m long arm rotating at 1 rev per second should sim=
ulate a wind of about 6m/second.