Re: R-44 issue-geek reply

Subject: Re: R-44 issue-geek reply
From: "Jez" tempjez
Date: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:57 pm ((PDT))
hmmm (!)   perhaps its just me & I haven't explained properly.

the R-44 works ok with every type of mic (inc. unbalanced contact mics etc)=
 except the DPA4060's.

so, the issue is that for whatever reason the R-44 (& indeed the R-26) does=
n't handle the DPA's.

how its built in areas that would affect other mics too can't be the issue =
- it must therefore be some combination of the R-44 & the DPA's.

so, thats that bit :)

transformers: I never use them other than to use a specific impedance trans=
former for specific unbalanced mics (the contact mics & hydrophones I make)=
. David, can you explain a bit more about your last paragraph - a two core =
mic cable / mic is balanced.

ta.

Jez