Re: Headphones

Subject: Re: Headphones
From: "Avocet" madl74
Date: Thu May 10, 2012 6:10 am ((PDT))
> Never use headphones for mixing though.

When I was a Mobile Film Sound Recordist I never had the option. It is
possible to train your ears for headphone mixing to sound good on
speakers, including in stereo. Years later, my ears are still
"headphone trained".

The other problem with being on a film crew is that you still had to
be able to hear the director'e instructions and the rest of the crerw
with cans on and distinguish between direct and recorded sound. Just
to make life even more difficult, the recording was monitored off-tape
with a 7 frame delay.

It was also useful to let people think you were "deaf" with cans on
and not let on to overheard conversations. :-)

David

David Brinicombe
North Devon, UK
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce