Re: Headphones

Subject: Re: Headphones
From: "Mitch Hill" wa1ykn
Date: Wed May 9, 2012 4:18 pm ((PDT))
On 5/9/2012 6:25 PM, Peter Shute wrote:
> I need some headphones with better isolation than my open back Sennheiser
> HD435s. I'm finding I'm putting off mixing because mostly when I get a chance
> to do it, the house is too noisy. Hopefully some closed headphones will
> improve the situation.
>
> There have been many threads about headphones here over the years, and
> searching through these tells me that Sony MDR7506s and Sennheiser HD280s
> seem very popular, almost a standard. Can anyone advise which of these will
> block out the noise best? Any other comments about either?
>
> And can anyone recommend anywhere to get either for a reasonable price in
> Australia? Most places seem to charge about double the US prices.
>
> Peter Shute

Another vote for the Sennhieser HD 280 Pro...

I have collected a lot of headsets over the years and 2 or 3 years ago
purchased a set of the HD 280 based on the recommendation of a friend in
the professional music business, and the HD 280's have rapidly become my
go to set for serious work...  They are comfortable, do a good job of
blocking outside noise and have proven to be indestructible as has my
old sets of HD 420 and 430's I've been lugging around for many years and
have the truest sound reproduction of them all...

I'm very happy with the HD 280 Headset...

Mitch Hill

(Sent from HP DV6T)