Re: What's everybodies favourite parabolic microphone setup?

Subject: Re: What's everybodies favourite parabolic microphone setup?
From: "NordicNature" nordicsounds
Date: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:33 am ((PDT))
I'm using a Telinga universal with Audio technica AT4022 for mono or BP4025=
 for stereo. I'm happy with the results. You can also try the Telinga with =
their stereo dat mic.
I haven't used any other parabolic dish/mics so I can't comment on them.
You can listen to my sounds at soundcloud.com/nordicnature where most of th=
em is with a Telinga parabolic mic with the AT micks. They both need phanto=
m power.
Even if handholding is possible I recommend that you use a tripod.
Use a short cable for handholding and searching and then connect a 5-10m ex=
tra cable so you can back off when recording if possible.
If you need smaller equipment you should use the Telinga with PIP mics so y=
ou don't need phantom power, so then your recorder can be smaller.

/H=E5kan

--- In  "davelori777" <> wr=
ote:

> Looking into purchasing one to record some coyotes in Eastern Canada (the=
 big one's that have bred with wolves!).  Any advice would be helpful as I'=
ve never used one before.  Will be recording either direct to HD camera (ba=
lanced ins, 48V available) or a Zoom or some such portable recorder.