Re: What's everybody's favourite parabolic microphone setup?

Subject: Re: What's everybody's favourite parabolic microphone setup?
From: "Scott Fraser" scottbfraser
Date: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:13 am ((PDT))
<< my practice is to feed the camera / recorder at line level
from an external mixer and so the problem of noisy mic amps is not
something I need to take into account.>>

OK, but if the camera's line in analog circuit is not of the highest qualit=
y, it too can degrade the signal. The point is, regarding your colleague's =
statement that 16bit 48k recording in a dedicated audio recorder will be id=
entical to 16bit 48k recording into a digital camera will only be true wher=
e the same degree of attention to analog circuitry & A to D conversion has =
been applied in a camera design as that in a device which only records audi=
o. Which is likely only in a video recorder which is greatly more expensive=
 than a typical audio recording device.

Scott Fraser