Post Processing Workflow

Subject: Post Processing Workflow
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Thu May 5, 2011 12:36 am ((PDT))
Hi Kent--

Good to hear you are readying some sounds for release.

This post in my blog,
http://fieldpost.blogspot.com/2009/04/equalization-technique-for-diffuse.ht=
ml
outlines the steps I usually follow. There's another post in the blog
specifically about adjusting low end balance.

If I start off with the goal of trying to remove human-made sounds,
the recording often ends sounding doctored and lifeless. Instead, I
aim to make it sound upon playback like the experience in the field.
The fade-up technique in the steps helps train one to listen to
exaggerated bandwidths. I follow the same steps/premise when there
are sounds in the recording that aren't made by animals or natural
sources. Its my feeling that animals experience and account for
unnatural intrusions in their communications similar to ways humans
do. You might, for example, even detect more strain and stress in the
calls in loud environments.

http://www.apulsoft.ch/apqualizr/ is a good, reasonably substitute
for the mentioned, Eqium plug-in. The last time I used Audition was 5
years ago. At that time there was no EQ plug with enough bands or
precision for the technique described in the blog..
Rob

  =3D =3D =3D